Help us pick our new puppy!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Not Your Childhood Waffles

My freshman year in college I lived in a a dorm room just barely big enough to fit a bed for myself and roommate, two desks, and two tiny dressers.  We had a microwave that saw its fair share of Jiffy Pop, and Ramen Noodles, and a toaster that warmed my breakfast staple - Eggo Waffles.

So walking through the frozen isle of Henry's on my way to grab a loaf of Ezekiel bread, I found myself drawn to a line of boxes calling to me with an offer of nostalgia filled sweetness.

I grabbed a box of Van's 8 Whole Grains waffles with a plan to make them at work Friday morning for breakfast for myself and Michael.


Okay, perhaps this is not the frozen waffle of my youth but still, it was absolutely delicious and did the trick.  I topped the waffles with fresh blueberries, 1/2 a banana, chopped walnuts and Agave syrup.  I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment