Help us pick our new puppy!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Searsucker Grand Opening

I was invited to the opening of new restaurant by Celebrity Chef Brian Malarkey.  For the Searsucker celebration, we were asked to come dressed Preppy Chic (which I admit I had to find out what that meant exactly).  My dates for the night included Becki, Jolee and our friend Jill who was just in for the weekend from New York.  This turned out to be a great GNO (Girl's Night Out)







The restaurant is absolutely chic in a playful, unpretentious way.  Brian put in three community tables, which I'm a huge fan of, and mixed the rest of the seating as part lounge, part dining room. 




After an hour or so, a three piece band got the party going with a fun mix of '60s and '70s classics and the girls and I wasted no time in getting out on the dance floor.


The whole night was filled with try passed appetizers, wine, champagne and samples of the Chef's signature cocktails.  Which, for some reason, always seem like a good idea at the end of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment