Help us pick our new puppy!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Superman Row, Overnight Oats, Tortilla Stratta

This morning I got up ready to hit my workout hard with Mike (my Evil Training Monster) knowing full well that my arms would feel like jello after an hour of punishment.  Today's featured "move" from Mike is the Superman Row.
This exercise is for active strengthening of the upper back muscles, lats, rhomboids, and trapezius while simultaneously work the core muscle of the lower back, pectorals, abdomen, glutes and engaging the muscles of the legs, hamstrings and quadriceps.  The move is moderate to advanced.  A good starting point for those just starting out is to do the move without weights (pictured below).
  Mike Rouillard
Superior Personal Fitness

Okay, that's a whole lot of words to say that this move works!  It has really helped me develop overall upper body strength.




If weights are too much for right now, try the move without.  Still a pretty hard workout!




After my workout with Mike I was STARVING and happy to have a bowl of Overnight Oats waiting for me at home.  Today's oat mixture contained:
  • Steel Cut Oats
  • Quinoa
  • Dried Sour Cherries
  • Wheatberries
  • Almond milk
  • Organic Peanut Butter


We spent the day in Los Angeles at the Western Foodservice Expo looking for companies that might be a fit for our upcoming San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival and The Gourmet Experience events.  Needless to say five hours of walking in 31/2 inch heels can wear a girl out.

I knew it would be a hectic day so last night I used up a bunch of leftovers to make a tortilla stratta.   Have I ever said how much I love breakfast for dinner?  I'll post the recipe tomorrow (I sort of made it up so I need to put it all down for you), but in the mix is:
  • Ground Turkey, cooked and seasoned with cumin, oregano and red pepper
  • 1/2 cup of onion, cooked with turkey
  • stone ground corn tortillas
  • black beans
  • jalapenos
  • zucchini
  • lowfat cheddar cheese
  • egg whites
  • lowfat milk
  • cilantro
  • green onion



SO good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment