Help us pick our new puppy!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Altus Hand Weights & Everlast Protein Bar

I was running late leaving the office the other day and just barely made it to Kickboxing class in time.  Thankfully, I keep a stash of on the go foods at the office that I can grab and munch on when I don't have time for some of my usual pre-workout snacks.  The team at Everlast sent me a sampling of their bars, which I have to admit were really, really good.  I had the Dark Chocolate Nut Energy Bar which is super crunchy and a bit sweet. These bars boast the following:
  • 14 grams of protein, 
  • 4 grams of healthy fiber, 
  • 100% DV of Vitamins C and E and complex carbohydrates
  • 200% DV of Vitamin B-12 and a shot of Yerba Mate
  • Less than 200 calories per bar


I'm really picky about bars and try to only eat them when I know I'm headed in for a big workout.  I also watch to make sure that the bars I eat are not filled with, well, filler.  While the Everlast bars are soy based, and I personally prefer non-soy bars, this tasted great and scored points with me for not having any hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup.  The bars are available online for $2.

Other available flavors include Peanut Butter Chocolate and Oatmeal Raisin Walnut.

So when I got to class, our instructor asked if anyone wanted to try out her new Altus hand weights, and I jumped at the chance!



I did the entire workout wearing the gloves and man, did I feel a difference!  My shoulders and arms really felt the extra challenge and I think it is just what I need to push myself a little further during this class.  Wearing the gloves also helps to:
  • Improve Cardio Endurance
  • Develop Strength And Core, Speed And Agility
  • Shape And Tone
 I just ordered mine off of Amazon for $17.99.  I know, its a geeky fitness find, but I'm so excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment