Help us pick our new puppy!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday Morning Workout, Herb Salad From The Garden

I think my early morning spin class yesterday gave me my mojo back so today I decided I'd put in a good two hours at the gym, first tackling yet another cycle session and then Pilates.  It feels pretty amazing to get back into the swing of things, and just in time for my girl's trip to Vegas!

Before hitting the gym, I ate two pieces of Ezekiel sesame toast with one tablespoon peanut butter and honey.


This is usually a good combo for me to start with but after two hours of intense activity I was starving.  We have absolutely nothing in our house to eat right now since we are actually house sitting for friends but, and this is exciting for me at least, my garden is starting to grow!  I cut fresh herbs, micro greens, and lettuce for a salad and opened a can of Oregon's Choice Hardwood Smoke Albacore.

Most of you know by now that a green thumb, I do not have.  Thankfully, herbs and lettuce are a breeze which made my salad both tasty and rewarding.

From the garden:
  • Dill
  • Fennel
  • Chives
  • Micro greens
  • Lettuce
  • Cucumber from Stephanie's garden










I also had a handful of Doctor Cracker Hummus Maximus Culinary Crisps.  This is my new favorite cracker which comes in a range of flavor combinations.


In addition to Hummus Maximus, the Culinary Crisps come in flavors such as:




I'm a pretty on the go girl and travel is on of my deep, great loves.  Packing however is something I can do without.  It always seems to take me way longer than it should complicated I'm sure by the fact that I have to preview each potential outfit before it gets folded into my suitcase.  I also have a tendency to take more than I'll need, which means more outfits to approve than are necessary.

All that work packing, and contemplating what to bring with me to Las Vegas, worked my appetite back up again.  So, I took a tiny break to munch on more Doctor Cracker Culinary Crisps, Almonds (super food!!), Baby Bell Light, and an Orange.



Michael treated me tonight to dinner at my favorite San Diego sushi hot spot Tabu, where he and our friend Todd went straight for both the Afterburner and Rancho Roll.  My camera took a nose dive on me before I could snap a photo of my roll, which if you remember, is always the selection of the chef.  I always ask them to make me a roll without rice.  Other than that, I let them pick the ingredients and am never unhappy with that choice.




Tabu Sushi
2986 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019-4337
(619) 670-8228


I'm off to finish packing and get ready for a fun remainder of the weekend in Las Vegas.  I can't wait for:
  • Weekend with the Girls
  • Mani / Pedi's
  • Performance of LOVE
  • Dinner at Bartolottas
  • Sun, sun, sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment