Help us pick our new puppy!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Such a Softie!

The path we take Hunter on for his evening walk takes us right past our neighborhood grocery store, Henry's, so on many nights I pop in to pick up what I need for that evening's dinner and always emerge with a doggy treat from the bulk bin for our favorite lab.

Only, Henry's has just done away with the bulk doggy treats and tonight, I just could not deal with the look on Hunter's face when I came out from inside the store without a special "prize" for him.

So, even though we have a TON of treats at home, I purchased another box to avoid the guilt.


How could I say no?


After our walk, I warmed up leftover chicken from last night, with quinoa, avocado and sweet red peppers for dinner.  I put it all in an Ezekiel wrap that I heated on a griddle.


I thought this was an interesting tidbit about why Ezekiel utilizes sprouted grains in their product:
Sprouting is the only way to release all the vital nutrients stored in whole grains. The sprouting process activates beneficial enzymes which cause the grains to sprout and become living and nutrient-rich. Stores of vitamins and minerals dramatically increase over the amount available in flour. Sprouting also converts the carbohydrates in grains into maltose, which is ordinarily done by the body during digestion, thereby predigesting nutrients for you. The enzymatic action enables the body to assimilate the vitamins and minerals more efficiently. Plus, the sprouting process naturally increases the protein content and decreases the calories and carbohydrates found in the original grain.
These sprouted grain tortillas are a complete protein and an entire one is only 150 calories.



I also like to warm them with a tiny bit of peanut butter and banana for a low-cal breakfast...hmmm maybe tomorrow!

Michael built a fire outside so its time to relax with my boys and finish up a tiny bit of work!


Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment