Help us pick our new puppy!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Recovery, Day 1

So, like I mentioned yesterday, I've decided that beating myself up over all the excess will not do me any good.  What's done is done and I'm only in control at this point on what I do from today forward.  I find that writing it down (and broadcasting it out to the whole world), helps me stay focused and stick to the plan.  Here's what I plan to do this week to get back on the wagon:
  • Sign up for another round of Game On
  • Go to Spin Friday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings
  • Train with the ETM on Thursday, Saturday and Monday
  • Food Journal EVERY day
  • Stock the house with my favorite healthy snacks
  • Plan meals out in advance
  • Drink 3L of water a day
I made a step in the right direction and tonight, Michael and I did an hour of intense training with the Evil Training Monster (E.T.M.) and man, did it feel good to get back!


After the workout, I knew I'd be tired and too pooped to cook a big meal so I kept it simple.  I baked sweet potatoes and piled 1/2 a cup of Amy's Organic Chile with a little low fat cheddar and green onion.  I also made a yummy green salad to go along with it.  Lo-cal, filling and not too heavy after the workout!







Now I'm off to do a bit of studying for the WSET wine certification class I'm enrolled in.  I'll tell you all about that tomorrow (I have not started reading the book...yikes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment