Help us pick our new puppy!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Third Times A Charm

I have not had my usual energy the last couple of days since returning from New York and though I've had the best of intentions I've struggled to get out of my nice, cozy bed at 5:00 a.m. to make it to Spin Class.  I've set the alarm, had coffee ready to brew, but when the alarm has gone off, I've managed to justify why I deserved the extra sleep rather than the exercise.  Michael knows how to motivate me though and threw down the gauntlet, betting me I'd let a third morning go by without getting back into my routine.

Ahhh, a challenge.  So, third time was a charm.  I won't say that I exactly sprang out of bed this morning but I did manage to get up without hitting snooze, grab a thermos of hot coffee and a quick breakfast of Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Cereal, 1/2 cup of nonfat milk, handful of blueberries, and a tablespoon of peanut butter. 

 

And, if you remember, I'm making my way through SuperFoods Rx, and this morning's pre-workout breakfast hit the mark with both the blueberries and the whole grain cereal.



I made it into the gym and completed the class and left feeling very accomplished and thankful to have my workout done for the day.  I was starving though and pretty grateful I had grabbed a Greens + Protein Bar to eat on my way to work after the class.  I only eat bars like this on big workout days as the calorie content can be high for an everyday meal replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment