- Arrive at stadium, greet Kevin and Steve
- Walk into room and notice beautiful view of stadium
- Quickly spot ballpark food buffet and, yes, the make your own chile cheese dog
- Avert eyes and distract myself with conversation
- Visit said chile cheese dog just to "smell" it
- Talk about chile cheese dog with Jolee
- Somehow make it through to 9th inning
- Visit buffet one more time, just to look but chile cheese dog had been removed
- Crisis averted
Fortunately, what helped avoid disaster on the ballpark buffet is that I had planned ahead and brought my own dinner to munch on. I made a turkey sandwich with lettuce, cucumber and hummus on Ezekiel bread. Jolee had the same idea!
I also brought along a bag of veggies. These tomatoes are so sweet they almost taste like candy. Almost.
And a bag of 100 calorie Kettle Corn from Trader Joe's. There's nothing funny on the ingredient list, everything is a whole food which is hard to find in a snack food. This was great at curing my sweet tooth!
It was a great night even though the Padres lost and we had a 5.9 earthquake!
I was home and off to bed. This morning I'll be on the CW's San Diego Living program promoting the launch of ticket sales for the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival. If we get the clip, I'll try to post!