Help us pick our new puppy!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Monday Morning Training

In preparation for my Monday morning 6:00 a.m. workout with E.T.M. I ate a quick bowl of Bob' Red Mill Muesli and mixed in 1/4 cup of Fage for a little added protein.  I had a suggestion from Joey to list prices where possible so that F&TF readers could see costs on either the full package price or on portion sizes.  I LOVE the idea so I'm going to try to incorporate that as much as possible.  Thanks Joey!


According to Bob's Red Mill:
Old Country Style Muesli was originally developed by a Swiss nutritionist at the end of the 19th century, and remains one of the world's most popular cereals. Their Muesli is a blend of rolled oats, wheat, rye, triticale, barley, almonds, date crumbles, raisins, sunflower seeds, and walnuts. This satisfying cereal can be served hot or cold, eaten as a nutritious snack, mixed with yogurt or other cereals, or used in baking.
An 18 oz bag is roughly $4.00, which basically means my breakfast cost me around 44 cents, 75 if you count the Fage.

Wow!  This could be interesting Joey!

Unlike Saturday, yesterday I faced the Evil Training Monster alone which means I knew he would undoubtedly see every single moment I paused during a repetition, or would take a few extra seconds to recover.  There would be no hiding in the pack.  I had to go in with my game face on.

This is my game face (I think I'm actually grimacing!)  Those crunches hurt!


I absolutely love bag work.  How often do you get to hit something full force?  It is an amazing stress reliever and does great things for your arms.  I actually look like I could handle my own in a bar brawl here.


On the other hand, I absolutely hate doing work on my triceps.  I know its important and I like the results but the moves always feel awkward.  Good thing Mike (E.T.M.) keeps a close eye.  No messing up on his watch!  I can still hear him now,  "Watch your posture," "Back up,"  "Move faster," "Let's go Michelle,"  "What are you tired?"


There is so much happening this week!
  • Launch of Win It Wednesday
  • Tickets go on sale today for my event, The San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival
  • Ballgame
  • Meetings galore with San Diego Magazine, Just My Ticket, Gayot
  • More Superstar Chef Conference Calls
  • Secret Girl Ritual Night (Remember, Michael is out of town!)
I was only in the office for a couple of hours yesterday before meeting up with Ken to continue working on the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival Website.  I had a few packages waiting for me when I got in with one sent from the team at Hint Water.

If you remember from yesterday's post, I drink at least 3L of water a day, which sometimes feels like a lot of water.  Normally its fine but sometimes I really crave flavor.  I used to be a Diet Coke addict however gave up soda several years ago so no my liquid consumption during the day is either water, coffee (okay lots of coffee), or tea.


I grabbed the raspberry-lime Hint water and drank it on my drive to Ken's house.  It really was perfect and just the thing I was looking for!  Hint Premium Essence Water is lightly favored and does not contain any calories.  It also does not contain any type of sweetener which is important for me.  Distribution is wide so you should be able to pick this up and try it for yourself at most major grocery retailers.


No comments:

Post a Comment