Help us pick our new puppy!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Up, Up and Away!

I'm still completely annoyed over the fact that I got a ticket BUT I must say that online traffic school by Erase My Ticket Quicker was in fact true to its name.  It was fast and within an hour of taking my test yesterday morning at the UPS store down the street from my house, I got this notice in my email.



I passed with a 90% and knowing this before leaving for the weekend really helped me relax!  Michael is a recreational private pilot and volunteer for an organization called Angel Flight.  This weekend, he signed up for a mission to fly a critical care patient from Modesto to Riverside.  So, we thought it was a perfect excuse to leave a bit early to visit friends in Discovery Bay for a little wake boarding and R&R.




I'm still trying to learn what all the controls mean.  One of these days, I'll get it! 


The wind was really strong on our landing but Michael was completely in control and touched us down perfectly. It was a three hour flight so I made sure to bring a few snacks for the "road."   We ate the snacks before I realized that my camera was not packed away or I would have been snapping those too!  On the way, we munched on:
I wanted to have healthy snacks so that when we landed we were not crazy hungry.  I also wanted to try to get in a workout and needed to make sure I had enough fuel in me to get through it.

After we landed and got to Discovery Bay, Derek and I took his two German Shepards for a four mile run which I needed.  I was looking forward to a good dinner and craving a dirty martini and the run let me enjoy them guilt free!

No comments:

Post a Comment