Help us pick our new puppy!

Monday, June 7, 2010

Oregon's Choice

By the time I got to work I was starving, so I munched on a grapefruit, Fage, Ezekiel cereal and a bit of Agave.




And a quick lunch in the afternoon with my On The Go Salad topped with avocado, tomato and Oregon's Choice Gourmet Albacore.  The team at Oregon's Choice sent me a package last week so I was eager to give this a try.   The first thing I noticed is that the tuna is firm and white, not mealy like I'm used to with other canned tuna.  Its packed in its own natural juices and, according to the company, tests higher in Omega-3s and significantly lower in mercury than other major brands.



I love the taste and could have easily eaten the whole can but limited myself to half.  I think tomorrow I'll make mini tuna melts for lunch....hmmm already thinking about it!

I have not seen the product on retail shelves but it can be ordered direct from the company on their website at oregonschoice.com.


Over the weekend, I packaged up about a week's worth of snack packs that I store in the freezer and grab on my way out the door.  In this afternoon's snack pack (which I ate on my way home from work):
  • 3 dried figs
  • 6 almonds
  • 4 walnut halves
I also grabbed an iced Americano for the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment