Help us pick our new puppy!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sweet Temptations

I met up with my friend Colleen for dinner and a long overdue girlfriend chat.  I don't think we've seen each other since the wedding so there was a lot to talk about!  We both agreed that before we "grubbed" we should probably try to get in a bit of a workout.


We met at Lake Murray and did a four mile power walk.  Just enough to keep our heart rates up but not enough to slow down the conversation.

For dinner we headed to D.Z. Akins, a deli in La Mesa that's known for gigantic portions and an even bigger menu to pick from.



What's nice about D.Z. is that one meal can be saved and split into three more.  There are plenty of healthy options on the menu and also plenty of temptations.

I had the 1/2 soup and 1/2 sandwich combo.  This was 1/2 the black bean soup.


This was 1/2 turkey with avocado and Swiss on wheat


I ate half the soup, half the sandwich, and made my dog Hunter very happy when I got home!

On the way out, I could not help but go by the bakery counter.


This picture may haunt me in my dreams tonight.  I had such a sweet tooth I had to buy something for my husband.


It is a German Chocolate Ding Dong.  Hello?  German.  Chocolate.  Ding.  Dong!  I left it sitting on the counter thinking Michael would dive right in.  Instead, he shocked me and said he would be taking it into the office tomorrow.  Who is he anyway?

So while the Ding Dong sat on the counter, I cured my sweet tooth with dates and Good Earth Tea.



If the D.D. still calls to me tomorrow, I'm so having a bite.  Right now though, I'm content.

No comments:

Post a Comment