Help us pick our new puppy!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

On The Go Salads

While I prepared my big batch of On The Go Salad for the week I munched on strawberries I picked up while out.  With strawberries so inexpensive right now, I've been buying these up and snacking on them throughout the day.


I eat two salads a day on most days and try to make sure they are full of a variety of vegetables, textures and color.  On Sundays I make a huge batch of my On The Go Salad so that I can easily pack it for lunch or put it in a bowl at dinner time.

I mix it up each week but tonight's OTG Salad consist of:
  • Baby Spinach
  • Romaine
  • Bell Pepper (Yellow and Orange)
  • Purple Cabbage
  • Zucchini
  • Cucumber
  • Celery
  • Radish
  • Broccoli
  • Parsley
  • Carrots




After prepping OTG Salads, I made a really yummy dinner for Michael.  I was craving that pineapple from this morning so I diced it and mixed it with jalapeno and red onion, tossing in a bit of lime juice.


And put it over the salmon which I pan seared with a bit of cumin, salt and pepper.


Hunter was dying!  I usually try to make him wait out of the kitchen.  Tonight he got the best of me and I had to give in.  You can almost see him willing a piece of salmon from my plate.  You will give me that salmon.  You WILL give me that salmon!


After awhile, he couldn't even keep his tongue in his mouth.  Compliments to the chef, I guess!


I'm off to bed and a little reading from my gardening books.  Not too late though, I have training with Mike at 6:00 a.m.  It makes me tired to even think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment