Help us pick our new puppy!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Doctor Kracker & Funky Monkey


Even though I totally ate the Game On way yesterday, I felt like I had a major snack attack.  It started with my usual Breakfast Bowl of berries, Fage, Flax, Ezekiel and Agave.



Then on to apples with peanut butter, Ezekiel sprouted grain cereal and 1/2 a piece of low fat string cheese.


Followed by a ham, low fat swiss and Orowheat sandwich round for lunch (really tasty!).  Even Hunter could not resist.


And a salad.


Topped off with a bag of Funky Monkey Jivealime with freezedried organic pineapple and lime juice. Funkey Monkey sent me a big box full of all their flavors to try and this was my first.  It is just freezedried fruit and spices, this bag just only 45 calories.  You have to go to their site just to enjoy the music! If you are a label reader like I am you'll really like these snacks.  In fact, Joey in our office tested it out too.  Here's what he had to say:
Thanks for coming through in a jam Michelle. That was timely. I was hungry for a sweet snack and the Funky Monkey Carnival Mix was perfect.
The first thing I pulled out of the bag was a pineapple and it exploded with flavor. Wow. There were pieces of banana, papaya, and apple as well. All very bright and easy to munch on. The package says it contained 1 serving of fruit. No glutens either, whatever those are. I can imagine my 4-year-old liking these things and not wanting to share with me.




When I got home, I was still hungry so I reached for this container of Doctor Kracker Fire Roasted Crips.  Again, when the team at Doctor Kracker asked me if I wanted to try the product I could not resist saying yes!  I'm really happy to find out about these whole grain crisps.  They are oh, so gourmet and feel very decedent but hit the right mark with organic ingredients and low fat content.  Also, high up on my priority list, all the ingredients are whole foods with no chemicles mixed in to preserve the food. I have several more flavors to try but the Fire Roasted Crisp is going to be hard to beat.  If you would like to test them out, their website has a 75 cent off coupon you can download and a link to where you can find the product!







I started thinking, would the yumminess of the Doctor Kracker Fire Roasted Crisp with cheese, sundried tomato, sweet potato, flax seed and jalapeno taste good, say, dipped in peanut butter?  Answer is YES.   This was such a satisfying combo of sweet, salty and spicey!

No comments:

Post a Comment