Help us pick our new puppy!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Yesterday

Sometimes I feel like I blink and the week is gone.  This is certainly one of those weeks.  Between all of our new projects at Fast Forward Events and exciting new opportunities for Fitness & The Foodie, time is literally flying by.  I've always been one of those people who thrives on pressure, deadlines and a full schedule so I love this time in my life but I also know that the hectic days and nights are also potential food traps.  Lack of time = Lack of planning = Poor food choices.

Since I'm aware of this, AND since we are now entering our third and final week of this Game On round, planning and preparation is key to staying focused on what I eat and budgeting time for workouts.

Yesterday started with my standby breakfast of Fage, Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Cereal, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, Agave Syrup and Almonds.



This breakfast was packed full of super foods!  I knew I loved this breakfast and that the ingredients were all good for me but I did not know I was covering so many of the super food bases.

About mid day, I had a major snack attack and reached for my stash of Doctor Kracker Cherry Semolina Culinary Crisps.


Snacking is not something we do often on the Game On program since we are eating five solid meals a day.  The clever writers of Game On built in 100 calories free each day.  Kind of like mad money that you stash in safe spot for a splurge later on.  The Cherry Semolina crisps are 110 calories for 8 crackers, so I had 7 to munch on while I finished up some work.  The Crisps are a little bit sweet and a little bit savory which makes them a perfect afternoon snack.  And they contain organic flaxseed, whole wheat flour, and sesame seeds - super foods!


I've been trying to master the advanced step class with Paco which is every Tuesday night but feel so lost!  Standing at the front of the class he always yells, "Watch me, watch me," then spins, steps, leaps, repeats, does it backwards, and glancing at us says, "Got it?"  To which I always yell, "Uhhh, no!"  Which never seems to matter as he, and the rest of the class, plunge in to the manic movements. 

I'm determined to get it!  So last night, I made sure I had enough fuel in me to get through the torture and to also take a 30 minute ab class that followed.  I grabbed a banana and one of the many varieties of KIND bars the company sent me to try.


I tried the Fruit & Nut Delight KIND Bar and talk about super foods!  I feel like I really hit a home run yesterday.  The KIND Fruit & Nut Delight Bar is packed full of nut super foods:  Almonds, Brazil nuts, peanuts and walnuts and also includes, magnesium, copper, folic acid, vegetable protein, potassium, and vitamin E, dates, raisins and apricots.  I love the texture of these bars, they are chewy with a ton of crunch from the nuts and with my banana made me feel fueled up for my hour and a half workout.

Having just completed an Angel Flight with Michael, whose company donates his time and cost to fly critical care patients to and from treatment, I am inspired by companies that adopt a corporate mission give back to others.

"Being KIND to the World" is part of KIND's mission and the company is dedicated to giving back 5% of its profits in what they call The KIND Movement.  How can you not love that?

Thanks to a lot of energy and good luck I made it through the step class, and the ab class, and headed home to make dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment