Help us pick our new puppy!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Today

I hit the ground running this morning with my super food packed shake of Fage, Flax Oil, Blackberries, Blueberries and Banana.



And even though I spent the afternoon on the go, I managed to sneak in a small lunch of 1/2 a grilled chicken breast and leftover quinoa from last nights dinner.  I was so hungry and in a rush I scarfed it down before taking a picture!

We've been neglecting Hunter lately and have not gotten him out for his walks.  When I got home, Michael and I spent some quality time with our boy and headed out to explore the neighborhoods of La Mesa.


A hidden gem in the Village is La Torta Cafe with just about every type of Torta you could ever dream up.  On an indulgent day (or a day with a slight hangover), this is worth every little calorie.  On most days however when we are craving La Torta we stop by and order the chicken tortilla soup.




The soup is full of pinto and kidney beans, white chicken breast meat, tomato and a delicious broth.  I order mine without the tortilla strips and without the cheese.


I also headed to my garden and cut greens for my salad.



And topped with yellow bell pepper, tomato and almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment