Help us pick our new puppy!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Want My Baby Back

Around 9:30 I was pretty hungry (Spin was a killer) and so I dipped into about a cup full of the baked pumpkin oatmeal I made on Sunday.  Having this around at work gives me a mid-morning snack complete with the three H's.  Helpful, Hearty, Healthy.  And, since I had a client meeting coming up at Chile's for lunch I really wanted to be sure I did not go hungry.


I have to admit I have not been to a Chile's in years so I was not too sure what options were going to be available other than Baby Back Ribs. (Hence the title of this post!)


Fortunately Chile's has a nutrition menu that helps to narrow down the choices. 


Since I was only slightly feeling a tinge of hunger I was not tempted by "big food" and settled on the small Caribbean Salad weighing in at just over 500 calories including the grilled chicken.  I omitted the salad dressing and the dried cranberries.


It was actually pretty tasty although the pineapple was not ripe and was a little on the bitter side.  I added red wine vinegar and a tiny bit of olive oil.  After leaving Chile's (and yes, the jingle has been stuck in my head all afternoon), I stopped for an iced Americano on my way back to the office.



I love iced coffee in the afternoon.  I've contemplated cutting back on my afternoon caffeine but have decided this is one indulgence I don't really want to give up.

I was really excited to see a package waiting for me at work from the folks at Oregon's Choice.  I had a can of their jalapeno tuna last week on my salad (amazing!), and shared my findings on it in a post.  They sent a few new things to try including their Gourmet Albacore, Dungeness Crab, and Gourmet Salmon.  I can't wait to taste them!


No comments:

Post a Comment