Help us pick our new puppy!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Go Speed Racer

It was a go, go, go kind of day yesterday with more packed in than I could possible accomplish.  I tossed shoes and work out gear into my gym bag and brought it with me to work on the off chance I would be able to sneak out for a quick run.  I never got a break in my day which makes me very grateful that I stuck it out during my plannus interruptis workout yesterday.

I made a quick smoothie of Fage, Greens & Whey Protein Powder, frozen berries and Flax oil and headed for work.


It was an exciting day of discussions with national celebrity chefs (I can't wait to say who!), and the team at Cooking Light Magazine.  You know what a geek I am about Cooking Light.  What I can say is that Chef Billy Strynkowski, Executive Chef at the magazine is pairing up with a very talented local chef for one of our Celebrity Dinners during the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival.  That's it.  That's all I've got.  That's as much as I can say.  It's killing me. Really.

A morning discussing food, of course, made me hungry.  I had a quick mid-morning snack of Ezekiel Sprouted Grain cereal (about 1/2 cup), nonfat milk (1/4 cup) and organic peanut butter (1 tbsp).   Really, the grain is just a vessel for the peanut butter.  Joey, an office mate, wasn't impressed with how this looked but looks, in this case, are deceiving.  This snack is 320 calories of absolute bliss.



Lunch was one of my quick On The Go Salads (see Sunday's post), with the pineapple salsa featured in my cumin crusted salmon and the chicken and leftover rajas from dinner two nights ago.  Seeing a trend?  Our dinners have a way of finding themselves in my salads at some point during the week.  It was a great combo. 


I have to figure out who invented the mute button and send them a thank you note.  Without it, I would never get a chance to eat.  Hit mute, take bite, hurry chew, hit mute, talk, repeat.  With back-to-back conference calls today I was not sure about fitting in lunch but this new method worked!  I think I'm on to something!

After a creative meeting with the team at NBC studios to discuss online editorial and promotional options for two of our events later this year, I left the office to race home and get ready for dinner at the University Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment