Help us pick our new puppy!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Win It Wednesday - Passport To Prana

While in New York over the weekend for the Fancy Food Show and meetings for the San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival I was able to sneak in a couple of really great workouts.  Before leaving for the Big Apple, I received a Passport To Prana card by the company to try out during my visit. 

Passport To Prana allows you to Explore the World of Yoga at some of the best studios in cities such as New York, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Dallas and Philadelphia, and soon in San Diego, Atlanta, Boulder, Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, Portland, Seattle, Washington and Denver. 

For this week's Win It Wednesday, we are giving one person their very own Passport To Prana card!
Your Passport to Prana entitles you to one yoga class at each of the participating yoga studios in the city of your choice. 

The Passport To Prana card retails for $30, which is an incredible value and opportunity to test out a wide range of studios, hopefully finding one that you will want to continue your practice.  


My Passport to Prana moment took me to Exhale Mind Body Spa by Central Park. 



I called the studio about an hour before a Core Fusion class was to begin and easily got signed in and directions to the location.  After registering my Prana card online, I popped in a cab and headed for class.  I didn't take enough care when reading the class description (I think I was just too excited to go), and realized once I arrived that I had signed up for something a little more than yoga:
Fusing the disciplines of core conditioning, Pilates, the Lotte Berk Method, interval cardio training, and yoga, this highly-acclaimed and publicized mind body experience incorporates 50 years of collective teacher expertise from co-founders Fred DeVito and Elisabeth Halfpapp. Allowing you to work from the inside out, this transformational class consistently delivers results, including washboard abs, a tighter and higher backside, long, lean muscles, and an athletic, toned body.
An athletically paced class which is open to beginners and all levels. Continued emphasis on the basic Core Fusion® positions with longer duration, variations, and interval cardio training.
I was a bit nervous going into the class but let me just say WOW.  This was probably the most intense demand on my muscles I have felt in a long time.  My trainer, Mike, puts me through my paces but this was a totally different kind of workout.  I left the class feeling energized and excited for the new test on my physical ability.  In fact, I was so pumped afterward I bought two of their CDs on the way out!


Are you ready for your Passport to Prana?  Want to win it?  Since this is reaching you a little late in the day on Wednesday, I will keep entries open until end of day on Thursday (midnight).  All you have to do is either reply to this post in the comment box or email me at fitnessandthefoodie@gmail.com with a response to the following question:

 What is one kind thing you did for someone else this week?
 
Good Luck and Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment