Help us pick our new puppy!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Best Birthday Gift

I spent the better part of the afternoon finishing the planting for the garden Michael built for me for my birthday.  I absolutely can't wait to start seeing vegetables.  This might teach me a little lesson about that instant gratification thing.  I know it will be worth the wait.

In my 12' x 30" planter I have tomato, cucumber, bell pepper (three kinds), long beans, squash, hot peppers and onions.  I read that planting marigolds in your garden helps to keep certain bugs away, and they look great!


I did not have anything to mark my herb pots with so I took garden ties and made a P, T and B for Parsley, Thyme and Basil.  I've also planted fennel, carrots, radishes, micro lettuces, eggplant and zucchini.


Oh, and strawberries!



And rosemary, which is by far my favorite herb.  I could use it on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment