Help us pick our new puppy!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Plannus Interruptis

Its Tuesday morning and that means one thing.  Time for Spin.  Coffee was set for the wrong time so I snoozed on the couch while the good stuff brewed.  After delaying the inevitable, I made my way to the pot for a good kick in the butt and tried to talk myself into heading out into the dark toward the gym.

I procrastinated, checked email, had another cup of coffee, changed my gym shoes and finally drug myself to my car and pointed it east.  I fueled up with an Amazing Grass Green SuperFood bar on my way.


My slow going this morning led to major plannus interruptis and I missed getting into the Spin class by one seat.  Here comes the bargaining.  Maybe I'll just leave and work out over lunch.  I don't have my ipod nano, what will I work out to?  I really don't feel like getting on the treadmill, elliptical or butt master.  I hate it when my routine gets broken.  My rule, most of the time, is that once at the gym I will at least give myself 20 minutes to get into the groove.  If after that I'm still not feeling it, I leave.  So, I jumped on the elliptical and started ellipticalling away the minutes.

Of course, the machine I was on conveniently had been placed right outside the Spin room, the cyclists inside teasing me with their promptness.  I decided to play a little game and do my elliptical workout to the pace of the cycling class.  When the instructor said to increase the intensity, I upped my resistance.  When the bikers were racing on a downhill, I raced with them.  I made it the whole hour and burned a ton of calories.  The folks in spin probably think I'm a lunatic but it really helped the time go by!

After the workout, I needed a snack.  I threw together a quick breakfast bowl of Fage, berries and ground flax.


And headed to the polls!


I had already decided yesterday that I wanted to use my leftover Oregon's Choice gourmet albacore to make melts for lunch.



I used:
  • Orowheat Sandwich Round
  • 1/2 can of Oregon's Choice Gourmet Albacore
  • Tomato
  • Onion
  • Guacamole
  • 1 slice of low fat Swiss Cheese
I toasted the melts for about six minutes then added a dollop of guacamole to each.  I think next time I'll do avocado instead of guac.

I had errands to run before meeting Marti and Lisa for dinner at Banker's Hill so I grabbed a pear for the road.



And an iced coffee.  I need to kick this habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment