Help us pick our new puppy!

Monday, June 21, 2010

What I'm Reading

Since wake boarding was out of the question, I had plenty of time to read.  Right now, I'm reading Super Foods RX, The Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life.  I truly believe in foods ability to help aid us in our health.  As I read through the chapters, I'm going to make sure to give you a few highlights on what I learn and I'll be bolding super foods as I add them to my meals.



So as I read and enjoyed the view, Shirley and Raz's dog Chase took advantage to get in some lounge time too.





I don't know how it was possible after our breakfast but around 2:00 the guys were hungry and craving hamburgers.  Shirley and I split a turkey burger on whole wheat buns and ate some of the strawberries we picked up from the Farmer's Market.  (Side note, we also picked up about two pounds of cherries that we devoured throughout the day.  I definitely got in my servings of fruit!)


I was really looking forward to a couple of glasses of good wine with dinner.  We picked up a bottle of Cabernet from Justin, a winery out of Paso Robles that I've come to know from producing our San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival.  Their wines are pretty consistent and reasonably priced.  This bottle was $20 at the Safeway in Byron.


We barbecued tri tip, chicken, Indian spiced veggies and served with salad and corn.  I had a little of everything but saved my room for dessert.


Dessert consisted of our Farmer's Market finds of fresh, organic strawberries and lemon shortcake with hand whipped whip cream.  Or, should I say, hand whipped by me.  My arm was so tired but this was absolutely worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment