Help us pick our new puppy!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Wine, Chocolate & Cheese

Almost every weekend in San Diego is filled with some type of culinary event and we try to attend as many of them as possible.  Last night was the Wine, Chocolate & Cheese Festival supporting the Women's History Museum in Balboa Park.


Ken and I met up with our friend Mark for the tasting.


And true to its name, there was plenty of wine, chocolate and cheese.  The ladies from Cupcake Love were there with their tower o' cakes.  These bite size cupcakes are truly sinful!











I had a couple bites of cheese and a glass of wine, enjoyed the music for a bit then headed home to my hubby for a bit of R&R.  On the way home I was craving a big green salad and tortilla soup from La Torta Cafe. 


Only I forgot that La Torta's salads come piled high with sauteed mushrooms.  I scraped them off and took out abut half the avocado.



Their tortilla soup is made fresh every day and makes you feel like you are eating home style cooking.  Our wedding pictures had arrived so we settled in to view, which is why my post is a day late.  They are beautiful though and I can't wait to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment